We have no doubt about the benefits that medical cannabis (and all the byproducts Cannabis Oil for example) has on various illnesses and diseases.There is good evidence in robust human clinical trials that CBD is of benefit for specific epilepsies, such as Dravet syndrome and Lennox Gastaut syndrome.
Here at Cannabis Industrial Marketplace we supply you with all the growing and cultivation equipment, supplies and everything else you may need. We provide you with Hydroponics Equipment, POS & Software, Packaging Supplies and more. Visit our website CannabisIMP.com
This green herb is being used to ease cancer-related pain and stop seizures in children younger than one?
The number of pot-friendly states on the map of the United States is increasing progressively. As of January 2018, 29 states and Washington D.C. have legalized medical marijuana.
Is it any wonder why, considering the fact this green herb is being used to ease cancer-related pain and stop seizures in children younger than one?
Not every cannabis strain will be suitable for medical patients, however. Chocolope, Charlotte’s Web (the strain used to develop a seizure-reducing oil – CW Oil), Granddaddy Purple and Northern Lights are just a handful of CBD-rich strains sold at a medical marijuana dispensary in San Francisco.
But wait a second… what is CBD?
CBD is one of many active chemical compounds in the cannabis plant. Its scientific name is Cannabidiol and it works by reacting with neurotransmitters inside the human body to ensure underactive neurons remain active. CBD may be one of 113 cannabinoids, but it is the only one to hold such significant medical potential. Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is another well-known compound, except this compound has psychoactive effects.
If you are feeling uncertain about using medical marijuana, take the following benefits into account:
- Medical marijuana can be used to treat pets. Cannabis for canines is something that you really ought to consider if you are the owner of a four-legged friend. Cannabis-containing supplements, oils and edibles can be used to safely relieve your pet of arthritis, pain and inflammation. High-THC medical marijuana strains also prove useful for calming dogs with bad behavior.
- Sexual libido can be enhanced with medical marijuana. Did you know that there is a strain of cannabis on the market called “Sexxpot”? This is an indication of the rise in marijuana use for increasing sex drive, with one study revealing how cannabis smokers have 20% more sex.
- Medical marijuana kills cancerous brain cells. Even the National Cancer Institute (NCI) admitted this one, publishing the following on their website:“A review of 34 studies of cannabinoids in glioma tumor models found that all but one study showed that cannabinoids can kill cancer cells without harming normal cells.”
- Cannabis’ chemical components prevent the onset of Alzheimer’s. A scientific study focusing on the molecular link between the active component of marijuana and Alzheimer’s disease pathology spotlighted medical marijuana spotlighted Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) as a “superior inhibitor” of the pathological marker of Alzheimer’s disease: (Abeta) aggregation.
- Medical marijuana proves useful for treating nightmares. A cannabis strain that contains a lot of THC will induce a good night’s sleep and leave the user in a sublime state of euphoria. Strains like OG Kush, Blue Dream and Pineapple Express are useful for helping people to cope with nightmares and insomnia.
- Lung capacity may improve when you smoke medical marijuana. There is misconception surrounding cannabis-smoking, with a lot of uneducated people believing it will reduce lung capacity. Despite this, a government study has shown that lung function is not impaired when someone smokes weed consistently over a long period of time.
- Veterans suffering from PTSD are prescribed medical cannabis. Flashbacks and mental images of bygone times can create everyday obstacles for veterans who are adjusting to life after returning from military service. Symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), such as negative thoughts and anxiety, can be relieved using CBD-rich products.
- Rectal cannabis is one of the most effective forms of treatment. You may be surprised to learn that medical marijuana patients need not smoke to experience the effects. Examples of some common (and effective) consumption methods include using tinctures, applying patches and even drinking cannabis-infused tea! Another surprising method of cannabis consumption is rectal suppositories. When cannabis-rich capsules are inserted rectally, the contents of the capsule will spread into the bloodstream faster, providing the patient with fast relief.
- Marijuana may aid in weight control. Don’t be fooled into thinking that you are destined to get the munchies if you consume cannabis. In fact, researchers in Columbia University’s Health Services department reported how the metabolism is not affected if you are high. The American Journal of Medicine (AMA) also published a report detailing how regular cannabis users had smaller waists and lower insulin levels.
- Medical cannabis extracts can potentially stop and prevent epileptic seizures. A young girl named Charlotte Figi is a wonderful example of one of the many patients whose lives have been changed as a result of using medical marijuana. Figi suffered from hundreds of weekly seizures triggered by Dravets Syndrome, until she was administered with CBD oil (CW Oil) and experienced rapid relief. High-CBD low-THC strains and oils have the ability to reduce muscle spasms caused by epilepsy within seconds.
Preparing for the Medical Marijuana Dispensary Experience
Your time spent inside a medical cannabis dispensary will be well-spent if you know what to expect. Save hassle by remembering to take cash and a valid form of identification with you. Remember to present your medical marijuana card (MMJ card) and set aside a moment to scan the menu, before consulting with the budtender. This member of staff will be able to answer any questions you may have and aid you in finding a strain or product with a desirable CBD content. Be prepared for potential queues and security surveillance.
This article was first published on https://www.cannabisimp.com.